Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are a recommended procedure to restore and enhance teeth. Crowning is used to cover the entire area of the tooth that has been damaged. It is also commonly referred to as a cap. Crowns help strengthen teeth, but aesthetically it improves the appearance of the smile, shape and alignment.
Crowns and bridges may be used to:
- Take the place of damaged teeth
- Replace large fillings where little tooth structure remains
- Protect and restore a tooth fracture
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
Bridges are used to replace missing teeth. The implant surrounds the tooth gap, preventing other teeth from rotating and shifting. It will help you avoid a bad bite. In other words, bridges are a cosmetic and functional option. The procedure is performed on one or more artificial teeth, cementing them into place. Aesthetically, bridges come in many styles such as gold, porcelain bonded to metal alloy or all ceramic material.