Teeth are a very important part of your body. Without your teeth you would not be able to smile to others, eat the food you love, or talk to people. We all know that seeing your dentist and brushing your teeth regularly will keep your teeth healthy, but do you know these fun facts?
Did you know this about your teeth?
- The enamel on the top surface of your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body.
- The human mouth contains more bacteria than there are people on Earth.
- Tastebuds have a lifespan of about 10 days, and take about 1 to 2 weeks to regenerate.
- The tooth is the only part of the body that can’t heal itself.
- You can only see 1/3 of your tooth. The other 2/3 is hidden under your gums.
Did you know this about flossing?
- When you don’t floss, you miss cleaning roughly 35% of your tooth’s surface.
- Flossing can extend your life expectancy up to 6 years because it reduces the chances of infectious diseases and can even prevent heart attacks.
- 73% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss.
Did you know this about your teeth’s health?
- 90% of system diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes, have connections to your oral health.
- A sore jaw combined with chest pain can signal a heart attack – especially in women.
- It’s important to keep your toothbrush dry because bacteria grows faster on wet surfaces.
- Tooth decay is the second most common disease, second only to the common cold.
- 78% of Americans have at least 1 cavity by age 17.
- Tooth decay is the most common childhood disease.
More Fun Facts About Teeth
- The average woman smiles 62 times a day, while men smile only 8 times a day.
- 50% of people claim that a person’s smile is the first feature they notice about another person.
- Mice are always gnawing or nibbling on things because their teeth never stop growing. The gnawing helps file down their teeth.
- 59% of people would rather have a dental appointment than sit next to someone who is talking on a cell phone.
- 60% of adults are attracted to somebody by their smile alone.
- On average, people spend around 38 days in his/her lifetime brushing their teeth.
A smile is the best thing you can wear, so it’s important to take care of your teeth. To get the proper care you need for healthy teeth, call Reno Dental Associates to set up an appointment today!